These homemade chocolate chip cookies are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or any special Spring holiday. I was looking to bake cookies for Easter and I was super excited when I saw the package of Spring M&M’s at the grocery store – perfect timing!
Since I did include Ghiradelli chocolate chips to the dough, I was a little skimpy on how many M&M’s I added, but feel free to add more per cookie if you like.
One more tip that I wanted to mention is that with larger cookies taking longer to bake in the oven, the M&M’s are more prone to cracking. With the M&M’s being slightly delicate to temperature, making smaller cookies (and less time in the oven) will help keep those candies in perfect shape!
Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield 12 cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick softened salted butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 package spring colored M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract with hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add egg and beat well.
- Gradually, add in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop a rounded tablespoon of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Add colored M&M’s into each cookie as desired.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, until cookies are a golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.