Looking for a fun and easy dessert for St. Patrick’s Day? As I was searching for something simple to make for my family, I stumbled across a mini pie idea that I changed up just a bit to make it even easier—and boy did they love it!
One thing that I want to mention is that I’m not always a fan of adding food coloring into recipes, but when trying to create a green hue—and since we don’t use it often—I have added it into this recipe.
Another option is to add crushed Oreo cookies onto the top of the pie when ready to serve. Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick's Day Mini Pies
Yield 12 mini pies
- 2 packages of Keebler mini graham cracker pie crusts (6 to a package)
- 5.1 oz box of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 package of Andes Crème De Menthe baking chips
- 3 cups milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 can of whipped cream
- Green food coloring
- Peppermint extract (optional)
- Open up the package of mini graham cracker pie crusts and place on counter/table.
- Prepare the Vanilla pudding per the directions on the box.
- Add 4-5 drops of green food coloring. Mix until well blended.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract (optional if you are looking for more of a mint tasting treat).
- Fold in half of the container of Cool Whip.
- Spoon into pie crusts and chill for approximately 2 hours.
- Sprinkle on the Andes chopped mints and add whipped cream when ready to serve.