Making homemade chocolate covered pretzels are super easy and a great treat to make with your kids in the kitchen. It’s also a perfect way to have a sweet and salty snack that gives you the best of both worlds. Sweet Chocolate? Salted pretzels? Yes, please!
When I started to put together these chocolate covered Shamrock pretzels, I opted to go with the white chocolate as my son prefers this over the traditional milk chocolate. You can easily swap out for the regular chocolate or even do both flavors.
For serving, you can put them in a bowl or you can also divide them up into clear treat bags to give away. If you are putting together a kids party, you can also put them into a small green paper cup for easy handling.
Enjoy! And Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
St. Patrick's Day Pretzels
Yield 24 pretzels
- 1 bag of pretzel twists
- 4oz Box of Baker’s Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate
- 11.4oz bag of M&M’s
- Green cake decorating gel
- Open the bag of pretzel twists and lay across piece of wax paper.
- Pull out all the green M&M’s from the bag.
- Open and place the white chocolate pieces into a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir.
- Carefully pour 1 teaspoon of melted white chocolate into the 3 sections of the pretzel. Immediately put 3 green M&M’s close together to form a clover shape.
- Once all pretzels are done, allow to cool and harden for approximately 3 hours.
- Using the small green gel, create a green stem at the bottom of each clover.