Rice Krispie treats are such a classic and timeless treat that everyone seems to love. I know in our house, they are quickly devoured and never last very long. And not only are they easy and fun to make, but you can easily to the recipe to dress them up for any holiday.
Once made, these treats can last in an airtight container for 3-4 days. But I would be highly impressed if they last that long in your house!
St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispie Treats
Yield 12 rice krispie treats
- 5.5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz) Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 1 package of Wilton White Candy Melts
- 1 package of Wilton Green Candy Melts
- Snack sized zip-lock baggies
- 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan
- Grease the 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray. I used an Olive Oil cooking spray from Trader Joe’s.
- Pour the 5.5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, add in the package of marshmallows and stir until thoroughly melted.
- Add the butter/marshmallow mixture into the Rice Krispies cereal and stir until cereal is well coated.
- Pour mixture evenly into 13 x 9 pan with spatula. You can also use your hands to press into pan, but having very damp hands help to prevent the mixture from sticking to you.
- Let cool in pan for approximately 2 hours.
- Cut Rice Krispies into even squares and place on sheet pan. I have found that if I remove the whole treat from the pan, it is easier to cut.
- Put approximately 1 cup of Wilton White Candy Melts in microwavable bowl and microwave on Defrost setting for 4 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir, and pour into snack sized ziplock baggie and seal. Make a very small cut on the corner of the bag to pipe a small drizzle over the cut Rice Krispie treats.
- Repeat this step with the Green Candy Melts.